Hospitalists are medical physicians who specialize in the care of hospitalized patients. They partner with your primary care provider to provide you with the ultimate care during your hospital stay.
Some advantages to the Hospitalist Program are:
- Hospitalists are available at Tri-State 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Hospitalists are on-site throughout the day
- Timely diagnostic interpretations to ensure there’s no delay in medical decision making
- Prompt and appropriate communication with your primary care physician during your hospital stay to ensure a smooth transition to follow-up care
Hospitalist physicians provide a number of vital services at Tri-State Memorial Hospital, depending on what would best serve the needs of the patient, including:
- Care for patients who are admitted through the Emergency Department
- Admission and care of patients who are admitted by their primary care physicians to the hospital
- Consultations for medical conditions for patients under sub-specialty care (such as an Orthopedic Surgery patient)
- Transfers from facilities outside of Tri-State Memorial Hospital’s service area
- Hospitalists services are provided to patients 18 years of age or older
If your primary care physician utilizes Hospitalist services for your inpatient admission, you can be confident that your primary care physician will be informed of the details of your stay – from admission through discharge. It is the goal of the Hospitalist program to get patients healthy and back to their own doctors for follow-up care, as quickly as possible.
For more information, please call the Hospitalist office at 509.758.5511 Ext 2025.